Research and Development Division is the bridge between the administrative and academic units. The mission of the Research Development Division is to enable administrative and academic units to cooperate with each other smoothly through coordination of administrative matters, publications and project planning. In order to improve institutional assessment efficiently and to push ahead on various levels of assessments, Assessment and Evaluation Center was established in August 2009. At present, there are three sections of R& D Division: Institutional Development and Research Section and Research and Assessment Section.
The mission of the Institutional Development and Research Section is to draft timely plans and proposals, based on accurate analyses of pertinent data and resources, for solid decision-making in all university affairs.The following are the main services:
Draw up and collect the school regulations.
- Draw up and collect the information of school plan.
- Collect and calculate the budgets of each unit.
- Plan the usage of space at the campus.
- Adjust departmental space.
- Coordinate evaluations by the Ministry of Education.
- Publish and compose the school brochure, newsletters, and thesis.
- Distribute information on Ministry of Sciece and Technology reseach grant applications.
- Arrange faculty reseach rooms on Taipei campus.
The mission of Research and Assessment Section is to oversee the implementation of the institutional Assessment Plan, advise each unit on appropriate assessment mechanisms, and initiate training and dialogue to cultivate an assessment culture. Also integrate industrial cooperation resources within the university, to extend collaborative relationships between industry and academia, and to manage Academia-Industry Innovation projects and carry out related operational affairs.The following are the main services:
- Provide assistance and consultation for assessment and intuitional research of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation.
- Conduct institutional assessment workshops, assist the assessment committees, and compile assessment report of MSCHE accreditation.
- Provide a service platform and give feedback to academic units for the faculty teaching outcomes and student learning outcomes.
- Supervise efficient assessment of administration units.
- Oversee the planning and implement of Self-assessment and program assessment.
- Superintend and deal with Faculty teaching evaluation.
- To administer affairs of patent, technology transfer, intellectual property rights contracts and commercialization of R&D outcomes.
- To administrate the applications of both MCU and MOST Patent Application Fees rewards and subsidies.
- Conduct MOST’s research project funding program and process applications for undergraduate creative research awards and related matters.