Research and Development Division was Research and Development Section before it merged with the Publishing Section and Layout Section to become the Research and Development Division in 1996. In order to improve institutional assessment efficiently and to push ahead on various levels of assessments, the Assessment and Evaluation Center was established in August 2009. Indeed, R&D Division is the bridge between the administrative and academic units. The mission of the Research Development Division is to have administrative and academic units to cooperate with each other. Our goals are to support those efforts in Administrative Affairs, Project Planning, Assessment and Evaluation. The follow sections present our objectives in each area.
- Draw up and collect university regulations.
- Draw up and collect information related to the university's mid-range plan.
- Collect and calculate the budgets of each unit.
- Plan the usage of space on the campuses.
- Supervise any shift of departments.
- Publish and compile university brochures, newsletters, and theses.
- Convey information on National Science Council research fund applications.
- Manage arrangement of faculty research rooms on Taipei campus.
- Draw up plans for developing the institution's affairs.
- Plan to increase the number of classes for each department.
- Evaluate the possibility of carrying out any new educational endeavors or systems.
- Carry out special projects as assigned by the president.
- Compose and produce the university's brief introduction on DVD.
- Support National Science Council's research project funding program and process applications for undergraduate creative research awards and related matters.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Provide assistance and consultation on assessment and institutional research for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation.
- Conduct institutional assessment workshops, assist the assessment committees, and compile annual university-level assessment reports.
- Provide a service platform and give feedback to academic units on faculty teaching outcomes and student learning outcomes.
- Supervise efficient assessment of administration units.
- Manage the planning and implementation of self-assessment, program assessment and academic evaluations.
- Supervise the process of Faculty teaching evaluations.
- Prepare for evaluations by the Ministry of Education.