2022 Ministry of Science and Technology Special Research Project Subsidization is now open for applications. Applicants are required to complete online applications before 23:59, January 2, 2022 (Sunday) and be sure to click on “submit”. Late applications are not accepted.
Application Notices are as follows:
1. Project period starts from August 1, 2022.
2. Applicants are required to complete online applications for 2022 Ministry of Science and Technology Special Research Project Subsidization. Please visit MOST website (http://www.most.gov.tw/) and enter "Academic Research Service Website” to complete the online forms for the process. Please maintain your personal information and confirm the department to which you are appointed in Short-term Overseas Study/Research Project for Scientific and Technical Personnel system.
3. The qualifications of the investigator (applicant) and the co-investigator must meet the criteria in the Guidelines for Research Grants of Ministry of Science and Technology.
4. New appointed faculty members who meet the criteria of Item 2, Article 4 in the Guidelines for Research Grants of Ministry of Science and Technology may apply for “Newly appointed faculty research projects” (Applicant is required to be within the first 5 years of a full-time position of teaching or research in an overseas or domestic institution, or to be within five years of earning a doctoral degree, and meet the criteria of principle investigator. Those who have more than five years of experience in a full-time teaching or research position will not be considered as newly appointed faculty members.).
5. Special Program Faculty can apply for Ministry of Science and Technology Special Research Project Subsidization; please fill in the application form with Special Program Assistant Professor for the position title and check “Clause 4, Section 1 of Article 3 for criteria.
6. Please select one project type of General Research Project (Bulk) or Project for Junior Researcher (Bulk).
7. For assistance with computer operation problems, please contact MOST Information System Team at 0800-212-058,（02）2737-7592.
8. If you have any questions regarding the procedures, please contact Department of Planning, MOST at (02）2737-7440、7568、7847、7980、8010.
9. Please find the attached letter from the MOST and the Guidelines for Research Grants of Ministry of Science, Technology (revised on September 30, 2021), online application notices are attached for your reference, the table of page limits and a maximum length for research project content (form CM03) on project proposals. , and online application manual. Applicants are required to read the regulations carefully.
10. Ministry of Education suggests to use ODF format for academic-industry project documents.
Research and Development Division
Li, Hsin-Yi (ext. 2651)
November 16, 2021