The mission of Research and Assessment Section is to oversee the implementation of the institutional Assessment Plan, advise each unit on appropriate assessment mechanisms, and initiate training and dialogue to cultivate an assessment culture. Also, this section integrates industrial cooperation resources within the university to extend collaborative relationships between industry and academia and to manage Academia-Industry Innovation projects and carry out related operational affairs. The following are the main services:
- Provide assistance and consultation for assessment and intuitional research of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation.
- Conduct institutional assessment workshops, assist the assessment committees, and compile assessment report of MSCHE accreditation.
- Provide a service platform and give feedback to academic units for the faculty teaching outcomes and student learning outcomes.
- Supervise efficient assessment of administration units.
- Oversee the planning and implement of Self-assessment and program assessment.
- Superintend and deal with Faculty teaching evaluation.
- To administer affairs of patent, technology transfer, intellectual property rights contracts and commercialization of R&D outcomes.
- To administrate the applications of both MCU and MOST Patent Application Fees rewards and subsidies.
- Conduct MOST’s research project funding program and process applications for undergraduate creative research awards and related matters.