The mission of the Institutional Development and Research Section is to draft timely plans and proposals, based on accurate analyses of pertinent data and resources, for solid decision-making in all university affairs. Following are the main services:
- Draw up and collect the university's regulations.
- Collect and calculate the budgets of each unit.
- Plan the usage of space on campus.
- Adjust departmental space.
- Coordinate evaluations by the Ministry of Education.
- Publish and compose university reports and official updates.
- Distribute information on National Science and Technology Council reseach grant applications.
- Arrange faculty reseach rooms on Taipei campus.